|Celebrate Earth Day (April 22), Spring and Music with a wind chime!
This easy to make wind chime is made from (mostly) recycled materials and fun for kids and adults. Every time the wind blows, you’ll have a musical memory of a fun filled afternoon.
What you need:
- A top piece: anything that you can poke holes in (i.e. tin can or aluminum pie plate)
- Hanging pieces: keys, bells, seashells, just about anything goes!
- A sail: something flat that can easily catch the wind (i.e. wooden spoon or small empty tuna can)
- Somewhere to hang it: a tree branch works best, but you can also use hooks for hanging pots
- And of course, fishing line or wire to put it all together!
From The National Association for Music Education