Private Music Lessons
- Lesson Times, Options, and Fees
- Other Programs and Studies
- Sign Up! (now online!)
- Cancel A Lesson
Music Showcase’s ELITE Center is open year round and we are proud to offer a wide variety of music lessons for almost every instrument and voice. Our focus on students has led us to become a leader in music education for the Tampa Bay area.
We have 50 qualified music instructors and are more than happy to work with you to find the most compatible match in both musical expectations and personality between the teacher and prospective student.
It is our goal at Music Showcase to make learning an instrument an enjoyable and educational experience. A number of our students have had opportunities to perform at various community events including the Florida State Fair, the Strawberry Festival and the Clearwater Jazz Festival, as well as in a variety of other local venues. Some of our students have gone on to successfully compete in events ranging from local radio competitions and solo and ensemble contest, to national competitions such as American Idol Jr. Several have had opportunities to perform on radio and television, as well as with off-Broadway theatre productions such as Les Misérables. A number of our students have successfully completed high school and college music program auditions and have received scholarships to a variety of colleges and universities.
Instruments (back to top)
Visit the links below for more specific information on the instruments that we teach:
- Guitar - Private and group guitar lessons, bass guitar lessons
- Piano - Private piano and keyboard lessons, music theory, general music classes
- Voice - Singing lessons, children's choral groups
- Drums - drum lessons, percussion, snare drum, bells, marimba, Latin percussion
- Strings - Violin lessons, viola, cello, double bass
- Woodwinds - Flute lessons, saxophone lessons, clarinet, oboe, bassoon, recorder
- Brass - Trumpet lessons, trombone lessons, tuba, French horn and more
- Other Instruments - Banjo lessons, harmonica, ukulele and mandolin
Instructors (back to top)
We are very proud of our staff of excellent teachers who are from many different backgrounds. Please view our instructors page for more information about our teachers.
- All teachers have had years of performance experience in their instruments.
- Many hold university music degrees and several have earned their Masters degrees.
- Many are also area professional musicians, who are playing in local and regional orchestras, combos, and rock bands.
- From classical flute to hard rock drums, we have an outstanding instructor on staff to meet your needs!
Many of our instructors are members of important trade organizations including:
- Music Educators National Conference (MENC)
- Music Teachers National Association (MTNA)
- American Bandmasters Association
- American Federation of Musicians
- American Musical Instrument Society
- International Association for the Study of Popular Music
- National Band Association
- International Association of Jazz Educators
- National Association of Teachers of Singing
- National Flute Association
- International Horn Society
- International Trombone Association
- International Trumpet Guild
- International Tuba-Euphonium Association
- National Association of College Wind and Percussion Instructors
- Percussive Arts Society
- Guitar Foundation of America
- American String Teachers Association
- International Clarinet Association
Some feedback about our teachers:
"I am so pleased with our experience at Music Showcase. Sherry is a wonderful teacher. We have also spent a lot of time with Joy Rodgers as both of my girls have participated in 4 musicals with her. She is a wonderful asset to your facility."
- Rebecca Lowke
"Chris [Shultz] was very helpful and informative. He always took the time to explain things and to make sure that Teddy was making the progress that he needed."
- Kimberly Estes
"David is a great teacher. I think after taking the summer off my son will be excited about learning to play guitar again."
Lesson Times, Options, & Fees (back to top)
- Private, one-on-one instruction or group lessons
- Weekly lesson time and day reserved for each student
- Lessons generally offered from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. during the week and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. Earlier times are available on request.
- Lessons now billed monthly and on Autopay for your convenience
- Several new options to meet the needs of every student and family
|30 minute weekly lessons||$70 per month|
|45 minute weekly lessons||$100 per month|
|60 minute weekly lessons||$140 per month|
|30 minute trial lesson||$20 per lesson|
|One time registration fee||$15 per student|
Recitals (back to top)
Music Showcase holds major recitals for our students twice a year (usually in May or June and December). All students are encouraged to participate. In addition, many of our teachers conduct extra recitals specifically for their students.
Participation in recitals is free, but students must sign up in advance. Please talk to your teacher or an ELITE Center representative for details.
Other Programs & Studies (back to top)
Music Showcase is also home to the Florida Academy of Performing Arts. The academy offers a wide array of music and theatre programs including musical theatre, group guitar, rock band, acting classes, Mini-Musicians, group violin, orchestra, rock orchestra, showchoirs, home school programs, and many more.
Through these programs, students are provided opportunities to participate in performing groups, ensembles and combos which perform in local theatres and at events such as the Florida State Fair and Strawberry Festival at no additional charge.
Every summer, in addition to the great year-round programs, the Academy offers Jazz Band, Percussion Ensemble, and many one-day workshops and week-long camps.
Visit the Florida Academy of Performing Arts website for details.
Sign Up (back to top)
To print the form and sign up in the store, follow the directions below.
We'll try our best to find an open time slot that is convenient for you and your family. Please keep in mind that lesson times are available based on reserved times and teacher availability. Call us at 813-685-5998 with any questions. We will be happy to help!
Please note that due to inventory control issues and in order for us to keep prices down, all students and customers must use the main store entrance now.