1. Music Showcase’s rental program is a rent to own with no obligation to purchase. Upon returning the instrument, customer is obligated to pay outstanding rental fees and/or damage to the instrument not covered under the repair and replacement.
2. Customer can purchase the rental instrument at any time. Please contact the account manager about an early pay discount.
3. You can exchange the instrument you’re renting at any time for another model or step-up model instrument. Half of the rental fees from a previous (consecutively exchanged) instrument can be applied towards the purchase of your final instrument. Money generated from sales tax or repair and replacement do not apply.
4. Rental fees are not refundable or prorated. Please do not pay in advance if you are uncertain that your child will be continuing. If you are returning the instrument, it must be returned on or before your due date. For example, if your due date is July 1st, we must receive the instrument on or before July 1st in order to not incur additional rental fees.
5. Customer understands they must keep all information with Music Showcase current. This information will be kept confidential at all times and only be given to necessary parties who directly handle your account. This includes, but is not limited to address, phone number, work information, reference phone number, credit card number, and child’s school.
6. Delinquency routine performed by Music Showcase Collection Department: Should a customer default on their rental payment by 10 days, the credit card number on file will be charged the rental payment due plus late fees. Should the card not process for the amount due, collection proceedings will begin and a new card number or cash deposit will be required to continue renting. Should the customer become over 30 days delinquent, account will be red flagged and customer has 15 days to make payment on account and return the instrument, update the credit card information and continue renting or make payment on account and return the instrument. After the 15 days, customer understands that Music Showcase will make every effort to repossess its instrument by all legal rights on or off school premises or from the customer’s home. Please understand should this happen, customer will be turned over to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) for theft of a rented instrument and the crime will be processed as a felony due to the value of the instrument exceeding $500.00. Also understand, should a customer’s mail be returned with no forwarding information and should Music Showcase have no working phone numbers or credit card numbers on file at any point during the rental, the instrument will immediately be repossessed and/or turned over to the HCSO for prosecution.
7. Theft, loss, negligence and irresponsibleness is not covered under the maintenance agreement. Tips for care: Do not leave instrument in a hot car. Do not store music in any instrument’s case, it will damage the instruments, even if you think the book fits. For violins and violas, do not store shoulder rests in case on top of the instrument, it will damage the wood and crack the violin or viola.
8. Online Rentals: Please reference diagram of instrument that will be emailed within 7 days to you. This diagram reflects the condition of the instrument along with any markings or blemishes. The instrument should be returned in like condition as it was rented.