1. This instrument may be rented for an indefinite period of time so long as the conditions of this contract are met. The monthly rental amount will not be prorated.
2. FAILURE TO REDELIVER HIRED OR LEASED PERSONAL PROPERTY. Whoever, after hiring or leasing any personal property or equipment under an agreement to redeliver the same to the person letting such personal property or equipment or his or her agent at the termination of the period for which it was let, shall, without the consent of such person or persons knowingly abandon or refuse to redeliver the personal property or equipment as agreed, shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083, unless the value of the personal property or equipment is of a value of $300 or more; in that event the violation constitutes a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. Failure to return rental property or equipment upon expiration of the rental period and failure to pay all amounts due (including costs for damage to the property or equipment) are evidence of abandonment or refusal to redeliver the property, punishable in accordance with section 812.155, Florida Statutes.
3. The instrument may be returned and this agreement cancelled so long as rental installments are current. Renter is responsible for returning the instrument to Music Showcase. Do not leave the instrument at school or with a band director or a Music Showcase representative without proper advance authorization from Music Showcase. Renter acknowledges that he/she is totally responsible for the condition of the instrument and agrees to pay for any damage beyond normal wear, tear, and depreciation. All original accessories such as mouthpieces, drumpads, sticks, stands, bows, etc. must be returned with the instrument or the renter must purchase new accessories.
4. Renter agrees to notify Music Showcase of any change of residence address, phone number, or school attendance by the student (user of instrument) within 10 (ten) days of any such change and agrees not to dispose of or remove above instrument from HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY without written permission from Music Showcase.
5. The instrument remains the sole property of Music Showcase while being rented or purchased. Should the Renter default on any two consecutive monthly payments, Music Showcase may charge the full price of the instrument (less rental fees paid) to his/ her valid credit card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express, or Discover), or may take possession of the instrument with or without legal process on or off school premises, wherever found. Should Music Showcase execute the latter option, past due rental fees may be charged to Renter’s valid credit card or his/her account may be turned over to collections. Renter agrees to be responsible for the payment of costs and attorney fees incurred by Music Showcase in seeking instrument possession.
6. Music Showcase has the right to terminate this contract at any time.
7. All RENTAL FEES are non-refundable and non-transferrable and a portion is only transferable if the contract stays active and instruments are exchanged consecutively during that period. In the event the file is forced to collections, the original DEPOSIT becomes non-refundable as well.